I got a chance to talk to E.J. Borghetti about the arrangement that Pitt has to play at Heinz Field. We talked about whether that was an advantage or a disadvantage. We also discussed the playing surface and if you will ever see Pitt return to an on-campus stadium.
For some reason, I am horrible at taking photos of people at press conferences. Here are some of the faces I captured at Big East media day.
At Big East media day, I talked to Temple coach Steve Addazio about playing at Lincoln Financial Field. Addazio even dropped the nugget about Temple possibly adding an on-campus stadium at some point.
Unfortunately, in talking with some people, it doesn’t sound like an on-campus stadium is too imminent or that a full feasibility study has even been conducted.
I talked to USF’s Evan Landi about the possibility of the Bulls eventually playing at an on-campus stadium at Big East media day.
In short, it seemed like Landi likes Raymond James Stadium, but he wouldn’t mind an on-campus stadium either. He also made sure to mention that USF came out of South Bend victorious last year.
Here is the audio:
Here is the full audio from me asking Skip Holtz about the possibility USF adding an on-campus stadium.
Of course, if you don’t have time to listen to the full thing, here are a few highlights including a Ralph D Russo (@RalphDRussoAP) cameo.
- USF is currently conducting a feasibility study.
- Would like to see an on-campus stadium, but doesn’t just want an “erector set” stadium.
- Doesn’t like that people can fly into Tampa, attend game, and fly home without ever setting foot on USF campus.
- Mentions that Raymond James Stadium is a top-5 stadium and a great experience for the players.
- Lockers at Raymond James are shared with Bucs.